Monday, March 15, 2010

Tucson, AZ Is The Best Mission In The World

Well hey there!  How's everyone doing?  I'm sorry to hear that BYU didn't do too hot in the tournament and that the fans were crazy.  I'm definitely not a fan of that city. 

That's so cool that Jordan got his call to this mission!  This definitely is the best mission in the world and definitely the perfect mission for me!  Oh man, I love it so much.  I remember when I first came out how I was just not happy and so I took President Hinckley's fathers advice and just went to work.  It's made a huge difference.  I've never been happier and just want to serve forever.  This has been the best thing that I've ever done.  I just love it! 

This week we worked so hard.  I love that Sister Mackay has such a great work ethic.  We have so much fun together.  The elders were teaching a few people hear before they left and we've found that they just aren't willing to progress so we've had to drop them and pretty much start from scratch.  We've found that the only way to really find people in this area is through members.  We can't go tract or anything so we're really focusing on the members and we know that their friends will come along. 

Most of the referrals haven't yielded much results yet but I'm sure that we will continue to see miracles.  I'm excited for this week because we have a lot of service projects lined up with members and inactives.  The members said that they would invite nonmembers too so we're excited!  We really feel like serving the members is the key. 

I love our bishops!  I'm not sure if I told you but we're currently living with one of the Bishops and his family.  It is awesome because a few nights a week we get to talk to him and get his advice and what not.  I love it!  Missionary work is so important to all of the Bishops also!  They've called great ward mission leaders and ward missionaries to help us out. 

Last night we started going on splits.  Every night but Mondays the wards have the responsibility to find people to go on splits with us and people for us to visit.  We're going to get so much work done!  Yesterday was a busy day for us because we spoke in one Sacrament Meeting.  Sister Mackay taught the first lesson and I spoke about the blessings that come from the Restoration.  I made a list of the blessings that first popped into my mind and it's huge.  Some of the things I thought of were:  the Book of Mormon, temples, emptiness that we may have is filled, peace, direction, guidance, purpose, authority, we can come to know Christ in a very real sense, our families are blessed, lives are saved, basic plain and precious truths are back, we know the Plan of Salvation, etc, etc.  Just think about all of the blessings that have come to your lives from the Restoration.  They're huge!  There is no end to the list.  It really is amazing.  I hope that our talks helped people to get even more excited about the work.  We'll see what happens! 

We also got to teach Sunday School to the 16-18 year olds in a different ward.  It was way fun.  The other ward asked us to do Sharing Time in Primary but that overlapped with the other wards Sacrament Mtg so maybe we'll be able to this week.  So as you can see, we're staying busy and we wouldn't have it any other way.  I love being busy.  Please pray that we'll be able to find the elect and bring them unto Christ. 

One of my favorite scriptures is 3 Nephi 11:14.  It says "Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye many know that I am the God of Israel, and God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world."  Because of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can do this in a very real sense.  We are so blessed because every week we have the opportunity to partake of the Sacrament.  That's huge!  I love this scripture because it gives us things to do.  We need to physically arise and come forth unto Him.  We can do this in many ways.  Some ways may be to have a more meaningful study of the scriptures, to pray with more faith, to serve with more heart.  There are so many ways to arise and come unto Him.  I know that as we do so He will come unto us as well.  It's not like we have to do it all on our own.  He's there to help us.  Isn't that amazing? 

On a different note, in Relief Society yesterday a sister said something that really stuck out to me, she said that this earth isn't just a testing grounds but its also a sanctuary.  It's so true.  Heavenly Father created this beautiful earth for us because He loves us.  I thought that it was a really cool idea. 

Well, I love you all and hope that you have a fantastic week!  The Church is definitely true! 

Love, Hermana Anderson

No comments:


How Can Something So Right Be So Hard?