Monday, March 1, 2010

I Can't Believe Wednesday Is My Half Way Point

Hola everyone! 

How's it going?  Things are going great over here! 
Ok, I just can't believe that Wednesday is my half way point.  In some ways it seems like just yesterday that I got dropped off at the curb of the MTC but in other ways it seems like a life time ago.  I've had so many amazing experiences in these past 9 months that I wouldn't trade for anything.  I've really been blessed so much.  It is amazing.  I love serving the Lord!  This is the happiest I have ever been! 

This week has been great!  We've really had some miracles this week!  We have been led by the Spirit to find some elect people!  On Wednesday we felt prompted to go to an area that neither of us had even known it existed.  So we went to this area and apparently it is brand new because there are only 10 house on it.  It was super windy and there were tumbleweeds and dust blowing all around us. It was crazy, we really thought that we would blow over but 10 houses isn't that many so we decided to knock them all. At the second house we met a teenager who told us to come back later and talk to his mom, Ana Laura.  We did and it was awesome!  We shared the first vision with her and asked to pray.  She said that she didn't need to pray because she knew that it was true!  Awesome huh?  She wouldn't accept a date but maybe this week she will.  At house number 10, the very last house, this man opened the door and then went and got his wife.  She invited us in and informed us that she used to go to church every week in San Antonio the missionaries were teaching her and she loved it.  Well, she moved away and lost contact with the church until Wednesday!  She's super busy but asked us to come back because she really wants to talk to us!  I'm way excited!  I feel really good about her. 

We also picked up an amazing investigator the week before last, her name is Gabby.  I don't think that I told you all about her.  She's been thinking a lot about the church because her sister joined last year and she works with lots of members.  So she decided that she was ready to learn more and her coworker gave us her information.  The week before last she said that she wasn't ready to step foot into a church yet but this week was different.  We gave her a tour of the church and she LOVED it!  The spirit was so strong when we were in the chapel.  She has so many questions and just wants to learn more!  In her own words she's "thirsty" to learn more!  It reminds me of the scriptures about "hungering and thirsting after righteousness."  Those scriptures completely explain what she's like.  It's beautiful to me.  Seriously, one of the most beautiful things in the world to me is when people are thirsty for the truth and they just want to learn more and more.  It is amazing.  She really testifies to me that Heavenly Father is preparing people for us.  She is just amazing.  She's a single mom and has a 7 year old daughter who will turn 8 in July I think.  When we asked her daughter how she felt about what we're teaching them she said "thankful."  When we were at the church she said that she didn't want to leave and she just wanted to hang out with us forever.  I love it when people feel like that!  

Yesterday was stake conference, it was awesome!  The Stake President, President Anderson, talked about the olympics and how if the athletes turn around or stop they lose.  He compared it to us, if we turn around we often fall behind.  It's so true.  We have to stay focused on what's in front of us, the finish line, Jesus Christ.  If we do so we will be safe and we will win.  
Stake Conference was awesome, we had 4 investigators at Stake Conference!  Amazing!  It was amazing to see.  I love it when people come to church. 
This week I've decided to try to read the Book of Mormon all of the way through before Easter and to highlight every time it mentions our Savior.  It's amazing how often it mentions Him.  It really is another Testament of Jesus Christ.  I love the Book of Mormon and I know that it is the word of God.  It really brings us closer to our Savior.  I just love it!  

Well, I hope that you all have a fantastic week!  I love you lots!  The Church is DEFINITELY True!  Don't forget it!  Stay true!  

Love Hermana Anderson

ps This week is transfers.  Apparently there are "big changes" in store for the whole mission so it may be a good idea just to send everything to the mission office.  

BYE!! 

No comments:


How Can Something So Right Be So Hard?