Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Day After Easter and Conference!

(Wearing the sunglasses the Easter Bunny brought.)
Hey hey!  Happy Day After Easter and Conference! 

Wasn't conference amazing?!  It's made me want to be a better person and to serve better.  I love conference!  Sister Mackay and I were talking about it and it seems like we're sponges and we soak everything up during conference, but after 6 months we kind of get dry and conference makes us full again.  I don't know if that makes sense over email but yeah. 

So it sounds like you had a great weekend!  Snow?!?  That's crazy!  When we were watching conference Sister Mackay and I both commented that we were so glad that we weren't in Utah because it looked so cold.  On Monday it was like 88 degrees here but than dropped to around 50 and we about died because it was so cold.  It was pretty funny. 

We watched conference at the church and we just loved it.  The talks were all so powerful!  I especially liked Sister Beck's, Elder Scott's, and President Uchtdorf's.  I loved in Sister Beck's how she quoted Eliza R. Snow for saying something like, "Women need to be women, not babies!"  So true!  I'm trying to be less like a baby and more like a woman.  One thing I liked from Elder Scott was how he counseled us to make a plan to get to know our Savior better.  It is so true.  Often we need plans in order to get anywhere.  I loved how President Uchtdorf counseled us to be Christ's hands.  I love what Elder McConkie once said that we are here to act as the Lord would if He were here.  When I think of that I feel a lot of excitement, responsibility, and love.  It helps me realize my divine nature, worth, and potential.  I feel like we all have so much potential and the only thing really stopping us from achieving it is ourselves.  The Lord and our Heavenly Father know that we can.  

So all and all I loved conference!  I wish that I had cd's of them all already, but I guess that I'll just have to wait. 

This week has been awesome!  Every week is awesome!  The Lord has really blessed Sister Mackay and I so much.  We're seeing His hands in our lives so much.  It really is amazing.  First off, we had zone training this past week.  I love zone training because we get to have individual interviews with President and account for the work that is being done.  He told me that Sister Mackay and I are "tearing it up in St. David."  Truely, it has everything to do with the Lord.  We've seen that if we are obedient we are entitled to the windows of heaven being opened up and blessings poured out to us.  He said that unless the Lord tells him otherwise we'll stay together!  I hope that we do!  I just love working with her! 

We got a bit of info about the Gila.  We'll be there from April 19 - May 15!  A member is donating his apartment complex for that time so it will be just sister missionaries staying there!  So cool!  It will be so much fun!  AND... unless authorized by the presiding authority, Sister Mackay and I will get to come back to St. David for the baptisms of the Ingram family!  We're so so so excited!  Yay!  We're so blessed!  I can't wait to see all of the sisters, it will be so much fun and such an amazing experience! 

This week I've learned a lot about how we can't force anyone to do anything.  We have an investigator who's had a lot of spiritual experiences, but isn't willing to change.  It seems like even though he hears what we tell him, he's not really listening to us or to the spirit.  It's sad because he's missing out on so many amazing blessings that he could have if he did what he knew was true.  So we'll see what happens there. 

We've continued to teach the foreign exchange students.  They're amazing!  On Wednesday Hazel was talking about how people always say that they prayed and then opened up their scriptures and got an answer.  She thought that it was so weird so we told her to do it.  So right there Hazel (the atheist) said "is there a God?" and she opened up right to a scripture testifying of our Heavenly Father!  Amazing!  Now she can't put the Book of Mormon down! 

We were talking to Nat about conference and he said that he could relate to the member of the 70 from Japan.  He thought that it was so cool!  Yesterday he realized that he could one day get the priesthood and he is so excited because that means that he can bless the sacrament and baptize his family.  It's amazing to see the excitement that people have for the Gospel.  We should have the same!  I feel like sometimes the church is so common to us we forget how amazing it is and the blessing that it is to each of us.  We were talking about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and when we talked about repentance he said "that reminds me of a scripture in the Book of Mormon" and opened up to a scripture about it!  He is so prepared!  The Lord really did put these 3 kids in St. David for a reason!  

This truely is the work of the Lord.  I love serving Him and serving in this area.  Every good thing in my life comes from the Lord and I am so thankful.  I just hope that I can serve Him to the best that I can. 

I hope that you all have a great week and find ways to be His hands more.  The Church is definitely true and we're so lucky to know it!  Christ is alive!  I love you all! 

Love, Sister Anderson  

(The Hermana's Mission Vehicle)
     

1 comment:

Jan Hornberger said...

Love the truck :) So great to read her letters!


How Can Something So Right Be So Hard?